Also, as now, in the previous project we pursued the goal of supporting Ukrainian civil society, in particular, in overcoming social conflicts arising as a result of hostilities in the East of Ukraine and for this purpose we conducted six training seminars for representatives of the civil society of Ukraine:
- rendering psychotherapeutic assistance to traumatized people and victims of tortures
- treatment of internally displaced persons traumatized by the war, prevention of burnout syndrome
- methods of counteracting domestic violence as a consequence of war
- integration of internally displaced persons and social work with them
- anti-discrimination activities and
- building of dialogue and reconciliation with the help of a forum theater.
The seminars were led by German, Georgian, Armenian, Bosnian, Ukrainian and Russian (Chechen) civil society representatives who are experts in their respective fields. Thus, a purposeful exchange of experience was ensured between representatives of the civil society of these countries and Ukrainian NGO activists.
In addition, some project participants took part in a trip to Berlin, where they established contacts with representatives of civil society of Germany, and also informed the German society about the activities of Ukrainian NGOs and the current situation in Ukraine (including the show “War tracing” of the forum theater developed during the project).
During a public event in Ukraine, a rerun of the play “War tracing” of the forum-theater was performed; also, an informative brochure for internally displaced persons and (former) participants of military activities on psychological trauma, aimed at counteracting stigmatization of psychotherapeutic treatment, created during the project was presented.
The project “Overcoming the consequences of war together” 205 – 206 was implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany.