East Europe Foundation (EEF) is a local non-profit, non-governmental developmental NGO which began operating in Ukraine back in 2008. EEF successfully carries on the developmental work of its founder, Eurasia Foundation, which during 15 years has invested more than USD 44 million in grants, loans and technical assistance into projects and local initiatives aimed at civil society development, promotion of economic growth, and effective governance in Ukraine.
Mission of the organization - promote social and economic development of Ukraine by mobilizing resources, strengthening communities, and fostering partnership of communities, authorities, and business.
EEF’s vision is for communities in Ukraine to be empowered to take responsibility for their own futures and build economic and social well-being:
- establish sustainable partnership among communities, government, business, and other stakeholders
- enhance the capacity of local organizations by transferring them knowledge and experience, and providing financial support
- support the creation and dissemination of innovative development models and facilitate cooperation
The four main EEF´s programs are at the moment:
- Local economic development
- Local social development
- Development of civil society and effective governance
- Ecology and energy efficiency