Armenian Caritas was founded in 1995 by the Armenian Catholic Church. The organisation focuses its domestic efforts on social protection and care, community-based development programs to improve the living and educational conditions, to improve public health to the most vulnerable social groups. Since the beginning of its work, Armenian Caritas has provided direct assistance to thousands of people in 125 communities of Armenia.Current main activities:
- Social protection and care: with special focus on the issues of children from disadvantaged families, children with disabilities and senior citizens living alone
- Public Health: with special focus on development of primary health care system
- Community and development: with special focus on the capacity building of rural communities, schools and women
- Migration and integration and prevention of trafficking: with special focus on the reintegration of returnees
- Advocacy, lobbying and network collaboration
- Emergency response/management and prevention.